Shopping within budget is probably the hardest thing to do. We all love indulging in some retail therapy and that is where the budget goes haywire, always. More often than not we end up buying things that we either use it a couple of times or probably not use it at all. These not only occupy space in the house, add to the trash value but are also the items wherein we squander away hard earned money. Irrespective of the fact however hard we may try shopping within budget, it is indeed an extremely difficult thing to do. But yet we should strive for it, every time we go shopping and make it a regular practice so that we save money, save space and buy only the most useful of things.
What are the steps that we should keep in mind while striving to shop within budget?
- Make a list well ahead of time: This is most important step. Make a thoughtfully planned list and go through it several times so that you are very sure of the items that you are going to buy. If there is something you are skeptical about, omit it.
- Look for special offers: When you make shopping list in advance, you can avail them at special offers. Rather buy items that are not urgently required at special offers only. Buy clothes for the opposite season. When winters are ending, try buying woolen stuff for the next winters. That ways you will get the benefits of the end of season sales.
- Shop for food item first: Clothes can wait; it is important that while shopping, you buy the food items first and then go for other items.
- Even in food item do not buy way too much of stock. Buy only that much that you will consume in next few days. If the veggies get wilted or packed item buzz past their best before dates, they will end up in the trash bin.
- Do not go to the high end stores: High end stores imply expensive items. You might get similar items at a fraction of price in other stores. Therefore, if you want to shop within budget, avoid these stores.
- When you shop from a supermarket make sure to keep on writing the rates of the products somewhere and adding them up. In supermarkets we just tend to pick up things not realizing amount the bill total would reach. Writing down the prices would help us buy the items that are required and help us to delete the very expensive items.
- Be cautious with your credit card spending: This is one area wherein the shoppers have to exercise tremendous amount of self control. Wasteful expenditures with credit card spending comes easy because since we are not paying up immediately we tend to buy beyond our paying capacities. We are able to curb this urge, shopping within budget would not be a problem.